Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hair Comb with Rhinestones Tutorial



Here is an easy tutorial on how to make this cute Rhinestone hair comb. 


These are the materials you will need:

Hair Comb

Rhinestone Trim 

 Cotton Thread (you can also use suede or embroidery thread) 

not pictured Hot Glue Gun and scissors 


Take your hair comb and gently spread out the "teeth" of the comb. Not to much, just enough to allow the thread to pass easily. 


Use your hot Glue gun to attach the rhinestone trim. 


Start wrapping the trim with your thread. You can either knot it at the beginning or tuck the starting strand under your wraps. I've included a picture below of the back so you can see what mine looks like in the back. You can also glue the strand behind the rhinestone trim to secure it, then begin to wrap. I did three wraps each between the rhinestones, feel free to do as many as you like. 


When you reach the end, knot the string and cut it off. 


Here is what the back of mine looks like. My starting point is on the right side of this picture. 


Here is the final product! 

5 comments:

  1. Really cute, I'm not one for wearing things in my hair but recently I've jumped off the deep end and cut my long hair short and I've been looking for a way to make it look nice. I think I'll try this its enough and not over the top, and it doesn't look like it'll be in my way all the time. I just want to be able to put it in and forget about it. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great for keeping pesky strays away. I am glad you like it and will let you know if I create any new designs so you can get even more versatile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! that is so cute!! love it!! thats going to be under the tree this year!!:)
    ~leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I really like your tutorial on hair comb. It is very informative. I have a question about how to tie knot at the end of hair comb. Is it making a loop over existing thread and pull the new thread through the loop? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing this amazing knowledge with us i suggest you buy comb for hair growth on very resendable price

    ReplyDelete