Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hello Kitty Decoupaged!!!!

My camera was the unfortunate victim of a final lesson I needed to learn! So please excuse the quality of these pics- Im making lemonade out of oranges. :-)

I did my first Decoupage project today. I used Mod Podge. (I must admit I have fallen in LOVE with it- Im hunting around my house for what I could decoupage next!) I woke up on the Glitter side of the bed- and did this eeeearly in the morning. It is a very messy project. My nails still have glue on them (4 hours later) The finished product has some wrinkles in it- which I haven't quite figured out if they are mistakes or not- what I have decided is that I LOVE it the way it is.




This is the Hello Kitty Bank originally. My mom bought it for me at a flea market (she knew I had one already at home and thought it would make a great addition to my collection) I liked it when I first got it- but I wasn't thrilled with the colors and the paint job was quite poor on it.



This is the finished product!!



You cant tell from the picture- I know sorry!!!- but I used Glitter Mod Podge to give it that last umph! it needed. Isn't the cutest thing???



I took a pic of the other Hello Kitty Bank I had- just to share! I loooove how she winks! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment